about 1 month ago
Wade Macdonald is currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant for The UK's leading Food service provider based in Reading. Due to continued growth and future acquisitions, we are looking for a senior Financial Accountant who will report to the Head of Financial Reporting, the Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for preparing the consolidated management accounts and reporting for lenders.
The role will also involve supporting the annual audit and budgeting processes. In the event of acquisitions, a strong technical accounting knowledge is required for acquisition accounting.
The Senior Financial Accountant`s responsibilities :
- Prepare the consolidated management accounts pack within monthly timetable
- Post group company and consolidation adjustments
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly reporting for bank finance lenders
- Prepare acquisition accounting entries along with supporting papers for auditors
- Preparing consolidated group forecasts
- Adhoc annual leave cover for team of financial accountants / set-up of new companies when acquired or set- up
Balance sheet reconciliations and fixed assets
- Share responsibility with Financial Accounting Manager reviewing reconciliations required by team of Financial Accountants
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for complex/consolidation accounts Statutory audit
- Preparation of acquisition accounting papers
- Goodwill impairment assessments
- Preparation of statutory accounts supporting fellow senior financial accountant
- Supporting budget process as required
- Continually identifying process improvement opportunities within the team and implementing them
- Other adhoc support as required and determined by Head of Financial Reporting
The successful Senior Financial Accountant will be a qualified Financial Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent) ideally from a top 10-accountancy background.
You will have advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, Index Match, Sumifs, modelling and similar). Focused and self-motivated to produce high quality work to tight timescales.
An excellent relationship builder with clear communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven leadership skills with a strong desire to develop yourself and others. Ability to influence change and improve processes.
If you are looking for a first move out of practice and into industry with a company who prides its self on personal and career development, please contact me.
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 plus Benefits. Location Reading, Berkshire. Hybrid working available 2/3 days in the office.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.