£40000 - £55000 per annum
23 days ago
Senior Financial Accountant - Farnborough - £40000 - £55000 + benefits
A dynamic service provider experiencing growth during the pandemic seeks a Senior Financial Accountant to join their team. Initially working from home, you will eventually be based in state of the art offices in Farnborough. A flexible employer, you will be able to work on a hybrid basis, but should be available to attend an office three days a week at some point next year.
This is the perfect role for a technically savvy accounts professional who enjoys process improvements. Reporting directly to the Financial Director you will have opportunities to progress over time.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that accounting processes are carried out in line with Sarbanes Oxley Regulations
- Ensuring monthly, quarterly and year end close is timely and accurate
- Journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger accounting
- Intercompany accounting
- Analysing expenses
- Analysing accounting procedures and controls, recommending and implementing improvements
- Leading projects to enhance technology
- Training new and existing staff
- Ensuring that statutory requirements are met
The Successful Candidate:
You will be a qualified accountant with strong technical accounting skills. You will have a proven track record of process improvements and strong communication skills. You will require experience of working on a large mainframe system and strong excel skills.
Ideally, you will have started your career in an accounting practice and gained experience within a corporate environment and have worked in US GAAP.
What You Will Receive:
You will have the opportunity to truly affect policy and procedure and gain exposure to senior management. Along with a competitive salary, you will receive excellent benefits, the chance to work in a hybrid fashion and have opportunities to learn and progress.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.