£45000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Project Accountant - VAT - Reading- £50,000
An exciting and unique opportunity has become available to join this impressive Company with a well recognised Global brand. The Company is based in Central Reading and has been a market leader in their field for decades and now due to growth are looking to add to their Finance Function.
The role of Project Accountant - VAT is to implement and follow required VAT procedures in support of the European business. To ensure that there is full compliance with European VAT legislation and Corporate Sarbanes Oxley requirements and that VAT deadlines are met. Transfer VAT knowledge to other members of the finance team.
- Responsible for various legally required government compliance monthly/quarterly/annual returns relating to indirect tax, including UK VAT returns, EC Sales List returns, and Intrastat Arrival and Dispatches returns to UK HMRC, and also VAT returns via local Accounting advisors for 4 other VAT registrations held by SBS Ltd in Italy, the Netherlands, South Africa and Russia
- Reconcile and prepare VAT/Moss reporting for UK & International business for the Netherlands on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis with the assistance from local external accountants.
- HMRC contact and compliance for VAT related issues.
- Intrastat control, compliance and reporting for the UK and Italy.
- EC sales listings submissions for the various business lines.
- Reclaim of Import Vat for UK (C79), Italy, Dutch authorities (UPS input VAT into NL VAT registration)
- Regular Proof of Export document retention for export zero rating compliance
- Embargoed countries and individuals checking / vetting with Corporate, ad hoc tax authority enquiries / requests for information / audits.
- Build up and have a good knowledge of Import/Export procedures, regulations and formalities. Review of Commercial Invoices, applicable Certificates etc. Ad hoc shipping documentation & queries due to Brexit, invoicing requirements to different countries (e.g. Ukraine / Russia)
- Be a point of contact for Vat related queries across business departments.
- Involvement with projects and ad hoc reporting, e.g. Making Tax Digital MTD. Co-ordinate and deliver all ad hoc reporting required and requested.
- Production of daily and monthly reports from LN finance system as required, using SQL queries and LN system reports, for internal and external users.
- Reconciliation of VAT Control balance sheet accounts across multiple entities and ensure that VAT payments are requested by the VAT payment deadline.
- Production of daily and monthly reconciliations, including inventory reconciliations in liaison with others.
- Process finance journals daily & monthly as required.
- Reconciliation of VAT Control balance sheet accounts across multiple entities and ensure that VAT payments are processed by the VAT payment deadline.
- Responsible for audit backup for VAT accounts, tax compliance if an external audit is requested.
- To identify key processes and controls, and ensure they are working effectively and being followed. Identify weaknesses in current practices and make recommendations. Liaise with finance colleagues to identify and understand any financial issues.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with Manager, peers and team.
- Focused on the achievement of our mission in accordance with our Beliefs, Values and Vision; striving to embody the culture of respect, teamwork and integrity. Contributing to an environment where diversity is valued and there is equal opportunity for all
What will you need to be successful?
ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or Qualified by experience
5+ years experience of responsibility for European VAT / cross border supply of goods
Good communication skills, verbal and written.
Planning and Control - establishes priorities, actions, milestones and constraints in a logical sequence and checks progress against these plans, taking corrective action as required.
Attention to Detail - Ensures that information is correctly processed and that work complies with relevant internal/external rules, procedures and regulatory requirements.
What will you receive in return?
Excellent working environment and work life balance
Opportunity to work with a Global leader.
How to proceed?
If this role is of interest then please do apply using the link or email email@example.com
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.