€55000 - €65000 per annum
2 days ago
Lead Data Engineer
The client is seeking a Senior Analyst to drive business analysis for one of its most vital business units. You will be working closely with the Hospitality Solutions team, which is responsible for building and delivering valuable products to our business partners.
They are an very data focused company and we are seeking an experienced analyst who can help us fulfil the growing demand for data driven decision making. We are looking for someone who is proactive and hands-on, but also capable of contributing towards the longer term strategy and vision for Analytics at company
Our client is a global online business who truly are a market leader in what they do.
- You'll live in the data. You're primarily responsible for building complex data sources and working closely with other analysts and stakeholders to understand data needs
- You'll light the way forward. Together with stakeholders, define specifications and data goals for projects that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in a meaningful business outcome
- You'll fully own the data pipelines, quality, and documentation make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Be part of the B2B analytics roadmap to support our Hotel Solutions and Hotel Meta Auction businesses
- Influence back-end design of existing and new company initiatives to enable appropriate data tracking
- Identify synergies between multiple disparate data sources and make recommendations to align definitions across the company.
- Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices
The Successful Candidate
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Data Engineer or Data Analyst
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must. Snowflake, PostgreSQL and Hive / Hadoop cluster querying are highly desirable
- Experience with source control and version management tools such as Git-Hub
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tools is desirable
- Hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Experience with Salesforce.com data desirable
- Experience with B2B Subscription data is a plus
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with the status quo. You will be expected to make recommendations and contributions to our Analytics data stack
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.