11 months ago
Infrastructure and Transformation Lead
Wade Macdonald are currently looking for an experienced Infrastructure and Transformation Lead to join our blue-chip, Berkshire based client who specialise in automotive industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for the Infrastructure and Transformation Lead to support the IT Change Manager with recommendations, change implementation and project delivery, while overseeing small team of the graduate colleagues.
You will use best practice project and change management techniques, as well as ITIL methodology and processes to promote quality delivery of the IT portfolio of projects and change within the organisation.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and understand business drivers and requirements which will benefit from IT change and opportunities to apply new technology. Recommend a plan and schedule of prioritised projects/changes for the relevant technical areas
- Provide input, guidance and technical support within servers, storage, infrastructure, networks, architecture, topology, systems design, security, access, firewalls, proxies, hosting, clients, disaster recovery, business continuity
- Evaluate options and present proposed solutions with supporting analysis for validation and review, including cost/benefit analysis, business process as well as application and data impact
- Produce clear and detailed documentation of technical requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with the IT Services team and business stakeholders to establish service design and service levels
- Create and maintain technical roadmaps and architectures to guide forward planning and ensure currency of technical solutions (including point upgrades of hardware and core software/infrastructure), and to understand / influence 3rd party roadmaps.
- Recommend changes and projects to deliver the roadmaps in an efficient and effective way, leading the changes where appropriate, or working with a Project Manager for larger change initiatives.
- Monitor compliance to security standards and web standards and recommend improvements as required.
- Ensure all security guidelines are being followed, including any transfer of data between servers or with third parties, integration between systems/applications and file transfer/integration setup/implementation.
- Define network and security management - network access control, remote access control, overall IT security analysis and protection, and web security management across the estate
- Work with the IT Change/Portfolio Manager and Lead Business Analysts to create and update environments in support of application changes
- Lead a small team to provide IT infrastructure change effectively
- Sound working knowledge of IT infrastructure and related technology, IT infrastructure best practices, industry trends and customer service. Experience of applications architecture/solution design would be an advantage
- Understanding of financial services would be desirable
- IT project management experience
- Ideally ITIL Foundation qualified
- Sound knowledge of Windows operating systems & Microsoft suite including Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory
- Web technologies including html, XML, IIS, JBOSS
- Virtualisation technologies including VMWare
- Automation software and scripting
- Experienced with LAN/WAN, firewall, proxy management, security services.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.