This College in Uxbridge, that is highly regarded in the local area and is supported by the local authority, offer education and support to children of college age. Recent years have furthered their success and they are on a journey to continue growth.
They currently seek a Head of Finance to join their Senior Leadership Team and act as the key contact for all things finance.
This role will be required to work year-round rather than just term-time. The role also allows working from home several times per week, 37 days' holiday and
As the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will:
- Lead, maintain, and develop financial procedures to ensure the college is compliant with all statutory financial requirements
- Ensure the robust development and maintenance of financial systems, including internal controls and regulatory frameworks
- Continually ensure the financial policies for the college are up to date and fit-for-purpose
- Be responsible for the monthly management reporting cycle including analyses on variance, risk and opportunities
- Be the lead contact to liaise with auditors ensuring financial compliance
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection, GDPR and Freedom of Information Act
- Line manage a finance team of 2
- Work as part of the Colleges senior leadership team, under the Headteacher and alongside other Heads of Function
The ideal Head of Finance we are looking for will have:
- A full accountancy qualification - i.e., ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Prior experience working in college is highly desirable or equally, experience in the charitable or not for profit sector
- Worked in a similar capacity where they are fully responsible for finance as a function
- An understanding of the nuances in finance that come along with being a college which receives funding from local authorities, rather than a commercial entity
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.