over 1 year ago
Graduate IT Business Intelligence Analyst
Wade Macdonald are currently working with a well-established Automotive company based in Slough with multiple sites across the UK & Europe.
They are currently seeking a Graduate BI Analyst to join their team for an initially 1 year placement, with a view for further extension.
Perform as a principal escalation point for BI support issues that cannot be resolve by first-line support.
- BI software/environment queries & training issues (e.g. Business Objects, Pan Intelligence, SQL Server)
- Assistance with report creation
- BI error message resolution via third-party support
- Investigation of data anomalies through to resolution
- Data warehouse day-to-day support
- Communicate the status of open incidents to the call originators on a regular basis
* Generation of Data Quality reports to ensure data integrity is maintained in the data warehouse and related systems
* Assist with definition of new business and/or data requirements and develop new BI reports/dashboards/data elements as needed across the BI Suite. This will include local reports and consolidated European reporting.
* Assist with testing related to BI development
* Management of user access to BI Suite of tools
* Organise and participate in key user training and product workshops
* To maintain Data Definitions for the BI systems and advise where changes to applications, systems or processes will affect data definitions or data flow
* To provide holiday cover for BI staff members as and when required
* To contribute to Continuous Service Improvement in BI discussions, putting forward potential suggestions to improve working practices within the business
* Represent BI in cross-functional teams
* Good working knowledge of a reporting suite and environment
* Understanding of dashboard concepts and use
* Understanding of SQL Server database and data warehousing principles
* Understanding of ETL principles
* Ability to elicit user requirements and analyse
* Able to demonstrate good communication skills
* Self-motivated with good problem solving ability
* Able to demonstrate a high level of numeracy
* Ability to reconcile large data sets
* Experience of IT projects
* Excellent organisational skills
* Effective written and communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to make decisions
If you are interested please apply or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.