Download our latest Salary Guide..
Check your salary against market averages, benchmark salaries for employees and flick through our articles and report findings..
Wade Macdonald is currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Manager for a growing £800 million t/o multi-site retailer based in Reading, Berkshire. Hybrid 3 days in the office
You will manage a team of 5 owning the management and statutory accounts. The role will ideally suit an ACA or ACCA practice trained individual with 2/3 years + PQE who is either looking to move from practice or who has some industry experience already.
The Successful Financial Accounting Manager will be Responsible for the following areas:
* Manage and develop the financial accountant team (5 direct reports - a mixture of qualified, part-qualified and studying accountants)
* Reviewing work produced providing constructive and developmental feedback
* Oversee and review the preparation of the detailed monthly management accounts packs for each brand
* Review the consolidated management accounts pack produced by a Senior Financial Accountant who reports to Head of Financial Reporting
* Produce the commentary pack for the Board and private equity investors.
* Preparation of the monthly and quarterly reporting for bank finance lenders and responding to bank lender queries on results.
* Ensure budget comparatives are correctly reflected annually and that forecasts are regularly updated, liaising with brand FDs
* Produce overheads pack for review by cost centre owners
* Challenge spends and trends with cost centre owners escalating as appropriate
* Work with Senior Financial Accountant & Head of Financial Reporting in supporting preparation of central budgets
Balance sheet reconciliations and fixed assets
* Review of reconciliation methods with clear recommendations for improvements where necessary and influencing change.
* Review all reconciliations required by team of Financial Accountants.
* Ensuring fixed asset registers are maintained and reconciled on a timely basis by team and that the CAPEX policy has been followed.
Statutory accounts & audit
* Main point of contact for external auditors for all audit areas covered by the role (e.g. fixed assets, central accruals, central prepayments). Working with the team as necessary to deliver in a timely manner
* Work with Senior Financial Accountant & Head of Financial Reporting in supporting preparation of statutory accounts
The role will ideally suit an ACA or ACCA top 10 practice trained individual with 2/3 years + PQE who is either looking to move from practice or who has some industry experience already.
£55,000 - £65,000 plus Bonus plus Benefits
Hybrid working 3 days in the office
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.