£45000 - £55000 per annum
25 days ago
Financial Reporting Accountant - Oxford - £55,000
The role of Financial Reporting Accountant sits within this newly created and fast growth Company based in Oxfordshire. The Company is anticipating to double their turnover in the next 12 months.
The role of Financial Reporting Accountant has been newly created and will support the Director of Finance. The position will focus initially on the more technical side of accounting but will in time incorporate more commercial elements as the Company grows further. The role also has a very clear progression path into a Financial Controller position of the next couple of years.
- Annual statutory accounts in multiple jurisdictions with global consolidation
- Monthly management information packs, inclusive of financial statements aligned with IFRS/USGAAP, budget variance reports, FPIs and cashflow analysis, for multiple jurisdictions and consolidated
- Ensure the integrity of the internal and financial accounting data, looking to continual improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial accounting processes
- Assist the DFA in the production of quarterly VAT returns and annual tax returns.
- Investor management information requests
- Liaison with external advisers, principally our banks, auditors, and financial advisers
What will you need to be successful?
- Qualified accountant, this role would ideally suit a newly qualified chartered accountant looking to use their practice training and experience to make a difference in a high potential biotechnology company
- Experience of auditing the disclosures in public company accounts, ensuring compliance with all disclosure requirements and some experience of implementation of new technical accounting requirements
- Strong technical accounting skills including UK and US GAAP and IFRS.
- Involvement in multijurisdictional companies quoted on a stock exchange
- Able to produce financial management reports to tight deadlines and skilled in interpreting accounting data to provide operational insight and business intelligence
- A customer focused approach, organised and a self-starter willing to work with minimum supervision and a determination to deliver on objectives
- Comfortable working in a small company environment where collaboration is key
- The person will be able to work on their own initiative and have the energy, ambition, and enthusiasm to grow and add value to the organisation
What will I get in return?
Clear progression route into Financial Control
Exposure to a fast growth environment
Ability to have visibility of the whole Company Finance function
How to proceed?
If this role is of interest then please do apply using the link or email email@example.com
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.