Permanent Financial Planning Systems Manager – £70,000 – Remote/Flexible
Wade Macdonald is currently recruiting for a Financial Planning Systems Manager for a well-known and highly successful online educational company based in Reading, Berkshire.
As Financial Planning Systems Manager you will lead our clients financial planning and forecasting processes. This is a pivotal role, where you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Anaplan financial planning system, supporting the Director of Finance Operations by providing both the Executive Board and Senior Leadership team with robust financial models and analysis to aid decision making.
They currently use Anaplan as its annual budgeting and forecasting tool. Your main responsibility will be to lead and continue to drive forward the development of this system across the company, initially focusing on building models to analyse programme provision and deliver profitability analysis. This will help to inform the major operational, financial, and strategic decisions to support the business towards profitability and long-term success.
Further development of Anaplan is required to support our continuing growth in student numbers, new programme provision and increasing regulatory reporting requirements. This will involve developing models for financial statements & reporting and forecasting & analysis to produce both short and long-term plans.
Role accountabilities and responsibilities
- Lead the ongoing design, build, and implementation of the Anaplan planning system, further integrating it into all operational aspects of the business.
- Develop reports and key performance indicators (KPI’s) in Anaplan, to enable the performance of the business to be measured effectively.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the business and be able to translate complex processes into functional Anaplan models.
- Set and maintain model assumptions.
- Provide first line user support for Anaplan and provide training to staff.
- Drive the financial planning of the institution by analysing its performance and risks.
- Assist in the development and standardisation of project costing templates and review progress against plans.
- Assist in all aspects of financial planning, forecasting, and analytics, including annual planning, P&L forecasting and budgeting, and cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare and present insightful analysis to key stakeholders.
- Supporting the business with ad hoc projects as a trusted advisor.
- Provide critical insight on business trends and strategic initiatives.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of reporting and changes in legislation and practice.
- Ensure all budget holders and senior management have access to accurate, timely, and relevant management information.
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers.
- Assist and support other financial systems.
The successful Financial Systems Manager will be ideally a qualified (ACA, ACCA OR CIMA) accountant with previous experience of implementing and integrating Anaplan financial planning systems being essential. Ideally you will also have experience of managing / supervising a small team. (1 direct report).
What you will receive in return
Hybrid working (3 days in the office In Reading). 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Exceptional company benefits.
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits
Location Reading, Berkshire.