Wade Macdonald is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller / Head of Finance for a rapidly growing (15mil t/o) PE backed, Software company based in Reading, Berkshire.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the Finance function in a fast moving PE backed SaaS business across financial reporting, accounting, and analysis activities. Reporting into the CFO you will be a hands-on Financial Controller / Head of Finance acting in line with business requirements and deadlines to ensure its smooth running whilst continuously improving and increasing efficiency through automation.
- You will manage and develop the finance team and ensure that all month end processes are managed smoothly, with attention to detail and in line with timetable for efficient and timely production of accurate monthly accounts.
- Oversite of internal financial controls, ensuring compliance and the safeguarding of company assets, always acting in accordance with required regulations and policies, budgets, and approvals
- Oversite of cash flow management with cash collection a significant priority and a focus on cash forecasting. Compliance with all tax requirements, such as PAYE (incl P11d and PSA), VAT, Corporation Tax , R&D Tax..
- Oversee timely annual audit, statutory accounts and tax computation preparation and submission, including liaison with the auditors.
- Responsible for the monthly forecast update, budget process and financial modelling. Development of key salient information with budget holders, assist in their understanding and interpretation (focus on SaaS metrics).
- Update business forecast and financial model on a monthly basis in conjunction with the business. Modelling of scenarios at CFO's direction Production of monthly financial packs and analysis including the Board pack in conjunction with the CFO.
- Working with CFO to manage the annual budget process. Budget to be signed off in good time for the commencement of the new financial year.
- Oversight and review of monthly payroll with the People ream to ensure accuracy and payroll taxes are paid in accordance with deadlines. Update / develop commission schemes with relevant EMT owners to drive the right behaviour's and outcomes.
- Review commission calculations prior to being circulated for approval. Support the CFO and other of the executive management team with the finance automation programme, replacing existing processes with increasing levels of automation to increase levels of efficiency and insight.
- Be a key driver and manager/overseer of any finance systems and processes upgrades/changes.
The Successful Financial Controller / Head of Finance will be a qualified (ACA, ACCA, OR CIMA) Accountant with prior experience of working for a PE backed, fast paced and growing SaaS business. You will be a Driven, proactive, self-starer who is engaged, passionate and committed. Working to and achievement of deadlines through prioritisation, own work, and delegation to others.
You will have demonstrable experience of management, leadership, and development of a diverse team. Analytical and data driven. Strong Excel skills are essential with experience of Sage 200 highly beneficial.
Salary £80,000 - £100,000 plus bonus and benefits - Hybrid working
Location Reading, Berkshire
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.