£60000 - £70000 per annum + + benefits
11 days ago
My client are an exciting SME operating at the conjunction of the FMCG, Retail, and Food & Beverage sectors, based in Newbury.
For the first time, they are seeking a Financial Controller to report directly to the MD and lead the existing small and close-knit Finance team.
Getting the cultural fit right is equally (if not more) important as skillset, so this role is for you if you are seeking a Financial Controller role in which to bring your positive attitude to the work place and want to work as part of an organisation at the most exciting time of their operations.
In post, you will:
- Take overall control of the company's accounting and finance function
- Line manage several junior members of finance staff
- Work closely with the Managing Director and other members of the Senior Management Team
- Be the organisation's lead contact for auditing and statutory accounting procedures
- Ensure all regulatory requirements regarding accounting and taxation are adhered to
To be successful, you will need to:
- Ideally be a Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Be comfortable presenting to stakeholders of all levels, day in and day out
- Technically strong in both IT and Finance
- Previous line management experience is desirable
- Demonstrate experience having adhered to Financial regulations in a previous role
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.