£55000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Financial Controller - International Software Company based in Berkshire - Fully Remote Working - £55000 - £60000
We are currently supporting a growing IT Software business based in Berkshire in their recruitment for a Financial Controller. Although themselves an SME, they work with some of the biggest brands in the world, providing software solutions. They have fared extremely well during the pandemic and have aggressive plans for growth in 2022.
This is a hands-on Financial Controller position. Although you will initially only manage one member of staff, the expectation is that the team will grow over the coming years as the business expands. You will both manage the day-to-day finances but to also implement processes and procedures to ensure that the business is run effectively.
The key responsibilities are:
- Managing all finance aspects of the Company including but not limited to payroll, VAT, Corporation tax, R& D tax credits
- Statutory and management reporting
- Business planning and budgeting
- Cash flow management, treasury and reporting
- FX management
- Contract management and commercial supplier negotiations
- Management of the office & IT administration function
The Successful Applicant:
You will be an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Financial Controller who both has previous experience of working for a software organisation and is looking for an opportunity to work in a small growing company with growth plans.
You will have experience in similar positions and will be able to demonstrate a successful history of helping a small business to grow. To be proactive in the role and take on all challenges to support the business.
- Advanced excel skills and ability to design modelling reports from databases
- The majority of our income is from the US; therefore, familiarity with managing FX will be important
- Experience in a software company and understanding of commercial contracts
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred
- Determined and confident to initiate improvement ideas
- Recommend ways of reducing costs and improving efficiency
- Up to date knowledge of all financial aspects and changes in law and regulations
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Team player with a proactive and flexible attitude
What You Will Receive In Return:
Along with a competitive salary, you will be able to work fully remotely, just attending a meeting with the Leadership Team monthly. You will be working for an entrepreneurial CEO and have opportunities to learn and implement change. A great opportunity for someone who wants to get 'stuck in' to truly be able to influence the future direction of a business.
Please reply to this advert or send your CV directly to Max.Courtnage@wademacdonald.com
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.