Wade Macdonald is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager / Controller for a rapidly growing £10million t/o SME technology company based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
The Finance Manager / Controller will report into the Finance Director and will be responsible for three members of staff. You will manage the day to day running of the Finance department, with two direct reports in AR + AP. Responsible for financial control and operational finance. To provide support & guidance to a small team and have a hands-on approach. Advise & assist with financial matters and analysis across all departments. Provide monthly management figures.
You will be able and have experience of looking at existing processes and find opportunities to improve, automate and embed controls, whilst maintaining a happy and motivated team.
The role is full time and is primarily office based with the opportunity for remote working 2 days a week.
- Ensure smooth running of Accounts Receivable & Payable
- Maintaining controls to ensure accurate entry of information into Sage and track information flowing through multiple management systems
- Manage, support & mentor team members
- Business Partner with all departments to improve the flow and accuracy of information
- Process monthly VAT return
- Monthly payroll checks, journals, analysis
- Calculation of departmental cross charging
- Month end sales accruals & prepayments
- Stock analysis and provisions
- Month end journal adjustments
- Departmental sales analysis
- Nominal ledger analysis & expense tracking
- Bank payments / approvals
- Work closely with Auditors
- Provide support to Finance Director in production of Board packs
Required Skills / Attributes:
The Finance Manager will be a qualified Accountant CIMA / ACCA / ACA with strong MS Excel skills, good VAT knowledge. You will be a clear thinker, with strong analytical skills and experience of managing a small team, including coaching and mentoring. Experience of SAGE 50 and implementing new systems is highly desirable.
Our client has recently reduced their full-time hours from 40 to 35 per week and are well on our way to feature in the Times Top 100 companies to work for. They have exciting expansion plans and aim to double their turnover in the next few years. Never has it been a more exciting time to join a growing and people focused company.
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 plus Benefits
Location Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire Office based three days a week.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.