Finance Manager - Oxford - £60,000 - Hybrid Working and Flexi-Time
Wade Macdonald are delighted to be partnering this well known Manufacturing Company with their search for a commercially orientated and technically astute Finance Manager.
The role of Finance Manager will support Divisional Managers and Operations with commercial decision making and reporting. The position will have 1 direct report also.
Key role functions:
- Provision of management accounts and other financial reporting of a high quality, and which is circulated in accordance with deadlines specified by the Group Finance Director
- Playing an active role in the development of the Annual Operating Plan, assisting managers as necessary to streamline processes and improve data accuracy
- Assuming responsibility for the annual calculation of new standard costs for all manufactured part and to streamline processes and improve data accuracy
- Assuming responsibility for the calculation of intra group transfer prices, based upon the methodology determined by the Group Finance Director Communicating the new transfer prices to all overseas affiliates prior to the start of each financial year and circulating updated lists monthly to cover new products
- Providing support to R&D with costing of development products, and other managers with ad-hoc financial projects which require costing expertise
- Playing an active role in inventory management, ensuring that the balance sheet accurately reflects the value of stock owned by the Company
- Supporting the Financial Manager - Sales and R & D with maintenance of the Company fixed asset register, including valuations for insurance purposes
- Proactively working with managers, particularly the members of the Operations team, to improve knowledge and provide support to enable them to perform their roles effectively
- Providing local support, equivalent to one working day per week on average, at each of the two UK manufacturing sites from either the Finance Manager - Operations or the Finance Assistant - Operations
- Identification and delivery of the key financial information required to drive greater operational efficiency, working with management to realise improvements in profitability through lower manufacturing and supply chain costs
- Conduct monthly reviews of financial results with management to ensure that they are as accurate as possible, and that reasons for large variances are known, prior to Assisting in ensuring that appropriate levels of internal control are maintained within the business
What do you need to be successful?
Manufacturing experience an advantage
People management experience
Senior stakeholder engagement exposure
What will you receive in return?
Excellent working environment
Genuine career development
How to proceed?
If this role is of interest please click the link to apply or send your CV to email@example.com
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.