£35000 - £38000 per annum
17 days ago
Finance Analyst - Oxford- £38,000
The role of Finance Analyst is newly created and will sit within this fast growth Company's busy finance function. The Company prides itself on their service to their clients and development of their employees.
The Finance Analyst is a key member of the Finance team and responsible for providing senior management with the financial analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial and strategic decisions.
- Working with business unit heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts, consolidating them into one overall budget
- In parallel with the budget, preparation of rolling forecasts
- Analysing financial and operational results to better understand company performance.
- Provision of detailed analysis and commentary on business unit results
- Creating financial models to project and forecast long term growth
- Comparing and evaluating previous budgets and forecasts and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
- Work with Finance Manager to measure, monitor and report on senior management and business unit heads' KPIs
- Work with Finance Manager to measure and report on product, project and customer profitability
- Support the preparation of monthly management accounts including preparing month-end journals, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, deferred income calculations
- Provide holiday cover and support for other members of the Finance team
- Work with Finance Manager to automate processes
- Support the year-end audit, including production of audit schedules and liaison with auditors
- HMRC reporting, including VAT returns
- ONS statistical returns
What you need to be successful
- Qualified or near-qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial modelling and analysis skills
- Sound understanding of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow
- Knowledge and application of accounting principles
- Previous planning / reporting, operations analysis and budget / forecasting experience
- Strong MS Excel skills, including macros
What will you receive in return
Excellent working environment
Amazing and progressive role
How to proceed
If this role is of interest then please do apply using the link or email email@example.com
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.