£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Wade Macdonald are proud to be working with an award-winning energy management and technical engineering consultancy, is experiencing a period of strong growth and we are seeking to add a new Database Developer to its existing well-established team based near Bristol. Established for over 20 years, they covers a wide range of energy and technical management services, delivering real cost and carbon reduction benefit across all buildings and sectors. Their vision is to be a market leader, with a mission to innovate and grow.
We are seeking a Database Developer to join their Data Science team, which is based in peaceful countryside on the outskirts of Bristol (although they are currently home working where possible). This is an exciting time to join a team that is growing fast and rapidly developing new and innovative processes for data manipulation and visualisation.
The team provides data management, analysis and reporting for our engineers, energy managers and clients, to help them optimise a wide range of buildings such as hotels, supermarket chains, and prestige offices.
Meanwhile, their reports and analytical insights show the effect of our interventions; and help make the business case for large-scale improvements. Their data team is central to the business's effectiveness.
- Working with data warehouse solutions
- Creating and checking ETL processes
- Implementing and documenting robust processes for downloading, cleaning and analysing data
- Developing and producing reports for our clients (both one-off and regular)
- Quality assurance and maintenance of the database and its outputs
- Previous experience as a database developer or in a similar role
- Strong SQL database administration and development skills (MS SQL and mySQL)
- Experience in writing and managing ETL procedures
- Practical experience of Python for ETL and analytical / machine learning applications
- Advanced Excel skills, including automation of Excel reports from database
- Ability to apply statistical and numerical techniques to inspect and cleanse data
Should you be interested then please get in touch with me!
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.