£35000 - £50000 per annum
21 days ago
A fantastic position has opened up for an experienced Data Scientist to join the newly added analytics & insight team which plays a pivotal and integral part in the decision making for the business. The company are leaders in their field, with a global presence that turned over £4b in revenue last year.
You will be responsible for providing strategic recommendations, ground in evidence-based data analysis and statistical modelling, helping ensure the continuing success of their data analytics initiatives.
This is a great chance to work autonomously within a small team of analysts and engineers, to roadmap and highlight potential uses of the vast amounts of data that the business produces. They are looking for a self-starter who can identify projects and have a keen eye for what can add value to the business.
Reporting/Analysis - Develop and publish reporting and analytics as a result of tested hypotheses and provide user-friendly outputs for various departments (e.g., Sales, Marketing, and Executive leadership)
Predictive analytics - Test business hypotheses across various departments to construct predictive models. Work in cross functional team to identify new hypotheses.
Data Model Management - Set up experimental designs to answer business questions and opportunities. Continuously measure model effectiveness and performance against business KPIs.
Business Management - Participate in various business improvement activities and deep-dive initiatives adding insight where predictive analytics are required to forecast impact/results.
Data Quality - Execute different data analytics to ensure the completeness, quality, and consistency of data used for analytics across systems.
Skills & Experiences:
- BSc/MSc in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Statistics, Physics etc.
- Strong proficiency coding in Python (Numpy/Scipy/Pandas)
- Experience visualising data in Python (Matplotlib/plotly etc.)
- Be able to build production-level machine learning models
- Be able to interact with various managers and stakeholders to provide analysis throughout the whole business
- Be a self-starter who can roadmap the analytical capabilities and have a keen eye for finding projects and areas where data analytics can add value to the business
If this position sounds of interest, please apply directly to this advert or get in touch with Michael Winter
Michael.email@example.com 01189559530 07825711262
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.