£50000 - £65000 per annum
13 days ago
Senior Data Scientist
A new opportunity has opened up for a mid-senior data scientist to join a growing technology company based in Reading who specialise in unique payment and transaction technologies. Using modern cloud computing, they specialise in producing multiple solutions in the financial domain and are now looking to implement advanced Machine Learning into their business to deliver predictive insights.
You will be joining a team that has built up an internal data warehouse serving multiple lines of businesses in the organization. A rapidly growing code-base, trained upon the data warehouse, is delivering descriptive and predictive business insights.
The next step of this journey is to bring the machine learning models directly into production environments as part of the Data Science and Machine Learning as a Platform initiative. Your chief responsibilities will be to develop further client facing machine learning use cases across multiple lines of businesses and to oversee the end-to-end pipeline of transforming the selected use-cases into performance code and deploying them into production.
In addition to Python you should also be familiar with at least one compiled language such as Java or C#.
Skills & Experiences:
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in deploying and maintaining machine learning models in production environments
- Familiar with offline (batch) and online (live/stream) data pipelines
- Advanced Python (including sklearn, numpy, pandas, matplotlib) and at least intermediate level Java (or C#)
- Comfortable running SQL queries to fetch data from the internal data-store
- Prior exposure to the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Stash) or similar
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment through close cooperation with commercial and DevOps teams amongst others
If this position sounds of interest please apply directly to this advert or get in touch with Michael Winter
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.