Up to £50000 per annum
18 days ago
Wade Macdonald are proud to be working with one of the global leaders in sports retail. They are present in 40 countries and have more than a thousand stores in the world. Today they have 85,000 employees globally and turnover is currently over £13 billion. The ambition is to have 2,000 stores in 2020 and have their brand in 50 countries. As a member of the Data Team, you will develop the data-driven solutions needed for the numeric transformation of the business.
Improve the User experience: implementation of customer segmentation models and recommendation systems to personalise the user's journey (whilst adhering to the regulatory framework set by law (GDPR) and in accordance with their transparency policy).
Optimize the product offering: the knowledge of the user and the in-depth analysis of the offer make it possible to identify the role of each product and the links that unite them in sports practice.
Helping in-store decision makers: the prescriptive analysis of large volumes of data from several sources (internal and external: market, weather,) to recommend actions to be implemented at a local level to boost trade,
- Monitor existing solutions to ensure a good level of reliability.
- Organize support to quickly meet the needs of internal users.
- Continuously improve existing solutions.
- Anticipate the impacts of the release of other technical teams on the operation of current solutions.
- Be aware and test the new data-science methodologies / tools.
- Enlighten the possibilities and improve the clarity of data-science in the company.
- Collaborate and share learning with the international network of data-scientists.
- Be proactive and challenge the vision of solutions.
- Sports enthusiast
- At least 5 years of experience in the Data Science industry.
- You understand business challenges and adapt mathematical models to these issues efficiently.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of data science: Python/ SQL / Machine Learning
- Skills in Artificial Intelligence (Deep Learning / Reinforcement Learning) and / or Operational Research will be a great addition.
- Good understanding of different sampling techniques, statistical biases, A/B testing, experimental design and causal inference
- You know Amazon Web Services (Google Cloud Platform will be a plus)
- You do not hesitate to enhance your knowledge with e-learning sessions (Coursera, Udemy, Kaggle, DataCamp).
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- You enjoy working in an agile and collaborative environment (GIT, Development Standards, Code Review, Pair programming).
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.