11 months ago
Wade Macdonald are proud to be currently working with a word leading automotive business, based in Slough area. Our client is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Manage, with a strong background within process improvement.
This is an exciting opportunity if you are looking for a challenging and hands-on role, while managing a small team. Perfect for an ambitious individual, looking to make an impact within the global business. Using data intelligence and automation tools, you will be responsible for the data integrity, deliver new and innovative insights into the data, and help drive improvements in business decision making and business processes, including automation.
- Contribute to the IT business intelligence strategy, architectural direction and roadmaps, keeping up to date with market developments in data presentation and decisioning, robotics and process automation
- Day-to-day management of the BI suite of tools, including data quality in the data warehouse, BI/data warehouse reporting, centralised reporting and robotic process automation
- Identifying any underlying problems in the BI or process automation landscape and work with the IT team and business stakeholders to resolve them
- Scheduling, testing and delivering point upgrades of BI and RPA tools
- Maintaining and developing strong operational relationships with stakeholders and relevant 3rd party suppliers
- Identify and understand business drivers or requirements which will benefit from/need BI change, and/or opportunities to apply new or updated BI toolsets/technology to deliver wider business benefits
- Identify business processes that may be improved, in terms of efficiency, accuracy, data quality, speed or risk mitigation.
- Document, recommend and implement improvements according to an agreed prioritised roadmap;
- Manage 3rd parties and internal teams to undertake business requirements analysis, process definition, and delivery of changes, improvements or automation to the BI landscape and business processes
- Actively participate in the IT change management process to ensure the impact of IT changes on data, data flows, BI and process automation have been considered as part of any proposed change
- Work with the IT Services Manager to establish service levels for new or changed BI/RPA systems/services/applications.
- Negotiate contracts on BI/RPA projects/development work and/or initial BI/RPA service set-up with new and existing suppliers
- Create and establish a process to maintain a library of business data definitions, business processes, data and process owners and data flows across the business and between applications
- Ensure appropriate levels of internal staff and 3rd party coverage, including recruitment and recommendations on required staffing levels
- Strong experience of data warehousing architecture, design, technologies, techniques and toolsets, with an excellent understanding of IT BI applications and services.
- Strong IT background, ideally in the financial services or /and automotive sector
- Microsoft SQL Server, ETL tools, SQL/PL-SQL/SSRS/SSIS, Business Objects, Qlik, Tableau and/or PanIntelligence.
- Exposure to the robotic process automation tools is required, practical knowledge would be an advantage
- ITIL Foundation qualification desirable
- Experience of budget management and supplier negotiations
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.