£80000 - £100000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Big Data Engineer - Guildford (but mainly work from home) - £80000 - £100000
Our client is a global leader in their field, who has increased their focus on data and data driven decisions over the past few years. The role will be based in their state of the art offices in Guildford, although in reality it is likely you will only have to go to the office once a week.
This is great, unique opportunity for someone currently operating at a Data Engineer level, who is looking to take a step up into a more senior role, in a new role and new team.
As a Data Engineer you will have responsibility for line managing and developing two more junior data engineers as well as getting the chance to expand your knowledge of different data technologies and explore new and exciting capabilities.
Key tasks for you will include:
- Integrating data from source systems
- Designing and building ETL pipelines
- Constructing domain warehouses and the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Working with the Data Governance team to install best practice
- Business partnering with data scientists and BI teams
The Successful Candidate:
The right candidate for this position will be motivated by this challenge and will help to develop future ways of working.
- You will be looking to move to this level after having a number of years' experience in a more junior role.
- You will have a degree, MSc or PhD in a numerate or scientific discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics etc)
- Previous line management experience
- A good understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Azure experience
- Strong experience in the extraction of data from SQL servers and programming languages, like Python, R and Scala
What You Will Receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Career progression
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Generous pension contributions
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.