£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
My client is a rapidly growing Services business based in Reading (Central) They are currently seeking an AAT qualified Accountantt to join their team on a permanent basis.
This brand new role would suit an experienced candidate who is used to a high level of ownership and autonomy in a small Finance Team and supporting a Finance Director, overseeing a portfolio of client accounts.
This is an intrinsic role within the Finance function and you will be recognised and rewarded for hard work and positive results. There is also future opportunity for progression as the company grows.
- Prepare client accounts in accordance with current requirements.
- Be main point of contact for the internal contacts on the portfolio's responding to information requests in a timely manner.
- Build understanding of all accounting reports and additional charges to enable quick and effective query resolution.
- Regularly review spend agreeing correctness with internal stakeholders and action necessary changes.
- Carry out periodic reviews on expenditure to budgeted reporting. Detailing any variances and reporting upwards.
- Produce analytical and accurate financial reporting packs on a monthly, quarterly basis and ad hoc basis.
- Work with team members to ensure during busy periods.
- Qualified AAT Level 2, 3 or 4.
- Experience in basic double entry accounting and bank reconciliations
- Prior experience in reconciling service charge accounts is desirable
- Outgoing, engaging personality and the ability to work with a diverse network of contacts
- Team Player who is happy to work within a small Finance Team and assist during busy periods.
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong capability in systems and processes and a confident Excel user
- Able to Bring ideas to the table
Perks and benefits
- 25 days holiday per annum which increases up to 30 over time
- Able to Purchase up to 5 days additional holiday
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental, eyecare, pension and life assurance
My client has modern offices in the Town Centre with free parking. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join an established and progressive business in Reading as the country slowly re-opens. They are a great team and the growth potential is huge for the right candidate both professionally and personally.
Interviews will be done using online video conferencing to begin with.
If this sounds like the ideal job for you please click to apply or contact James Adey at Wade Macdonald for further information - 01189 559 534.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.