£50000 - £60000 per annum
12 days ago
Accounts and Tax Manager - London (Hybrid Working) - £60,000
This role of Accounts and Tax Manager has become available working for this extremely impressive Legal firm based in their London office. The Company has a national presence and offer hybrid working for this position. The Company prides itself on exemplary customer service towards their Clients and are dedicated to employee well being.
The role of Accounts and Tax Manager sits within the Private Client team and acts for a wide variety of estates and individuals, including many wealthy clients often with cross-border elements. The work can be complex and will include involvement with property and share portfolios, discretionary and life interest trusts in estates, family wealth management, and also general tax and accounting advice on other specific matters within the Private Client team. The work is predominantly accounting-based, yet will require an excellent understanding of the tax treatment of estates, related trusts and individuals. It will involve significant interaction with the wider Private Client planning team to ensure a complete service to clients.
- Assisting fee-earners in the Private Client team with their preparation of full and detailed estate accounts, estate tax returns and beneficiary income statements
- Preparing individual tax returns and liaising directly with clients
- Preparing 30 day CGT returns for estates and individuals
- Co-ordinating tax payments and clearance for individuals and estates
- Assisting with preparation of accounts information needed for IHT100 returns in relation to Will Trusts
- Data input for estate and will trust accounting of bank, brokers and dividend information into team's pro-forma estate accounts
- Reconciling to third party and internal accounts records
- Monitoring of client funds
- Contact with other professional advisors as well as clients
- Supporting the board of directors by way of reporting on the estates
What you need to be successful:
- Recognised Taxation qualification
- Income, Gains and Inheritance Tax detailed knowledge
- IT literate, with excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience of using CCH Personal Tax or similar software is essential, and experience of CCH Trust Accounts is an advantage. These are used for management of long-standing trusts in the team and will be of use for tax returns and some aspects of estate accounting.
What will you receive in return?
Competitive salary and benefits
Excellent working environment
How to proceed?
If this role is of interest please click the link or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.