£35000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
18 days ago
Wade Macdonald is currently recruiting an Accountant for a small and rapidly growing accountancy practise based in Newbury, Berkshire. Our client specialises in harnessing technology to drive efficiency in the back office, which allows more time to speak to clients and offer greater value add services, as well as the full suite of compliance deliverable`s. My client has doubled in size since Jan 2021 and is on an exciting journey of growth.
Your role will include the following duties:
- Client annual accounts preparation for sole traders, small limited companies, partnerships and LLPs using a variety of systems and spreadsheets (with relevant disclosures and explanatory notes and schedules).
- Updating client accounting systems with end of year adjustments.
- Corporation tax return and associated computation preparation and supporting schedules.
- Self-assessment tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, and property investors (including capital gains computations).
- VAT submissions and problem solving
- Relationship management with your clients, getting to know them and their needs better.
- Working as a service delivery team exceeding client's expectations
The successful Accountant will be qualified accountant (ACCA or ICAEW) with at least 3+ years' experience working in an accountancy practice. You will have experience of preparation for end of year accounts for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and LLPs. You will have a solid understanding of accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income as well as the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Relaxed about mentoring other team members.
If you would like some autonomy to get things done, a genuinely interesting portfolio of clients to work on, and grow (personally and financially) with the company over the long term then I would be very interested to hear from you.
£38,000 - £50,000 plus benefits
Location Newbur, Berkshire 4 days a week in the office with flexibility available on start and finish times if school pick up is required etc.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.