Senior HR Officer, £32,000-£40,000, Bourne End/Neasden, Hybrid Working
An introduction to the company and role:
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has been in HR for 2-3 years and wants that next step in their HR Career or if they are already a strong HR Officer wanting a change. This role presents an excellent opportunity for individuals to develop their HR skills for a huge education community across the country. This role would require travelling to different regions when required (fully expensed). You must have previous experience working in an education sector (preferably schools or colleges)
Why would you want to work with this organisation?
- To develop your HR knowledge
- 31 days holiday + BH!
- Develop skills in Employee Relations
- Hybrid working (2 days WFH)
- Electric car scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Market-leading personal development and training plans to further your career
What will be the responsibilities in this role?
The position of Senior HR Officer would be reporting to the HR BP and have 2 admin's reporting into you. This role would be supporting on a variety of duties such as:
- Responsibility for compliance with Employment policies and regulations
- Support and train new HR starters within your wider team
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date staff records to meet requirements.
- Contribute to the production of annual HR and resources plan
- To coordinate and administer the recruitment of staff
- Support regional business manager and people lead with preparing staff plans
- Advise on and coordinate disciplinary/capability and absence processes as necessary.
- Take lead on ER cases
- Share good HR Practices through communication/Training managers
- Adhere to processes and systems in place to ensure effective management of staff absence.
- Liaise with external agencies
- Support positive welfare approaches
- Travel to other regions is required (expensed)
What experience do you need?
- CIPD Level 5
- Previous experience working in a school or college
- Full clean driving licence
- Knowledge pf employment legislation
- Experience of preparing HR reports
- Implementing HR policies
- Leadership skills
- Been in an HR role for 2-3 years
- Used to a busy environment
- Experience in managing high-case ER work by themselves
What about you? What other things are they looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills
If this role of interest to you and you have the required skills or know someone with skills that would be interested, then please click apply or email Jodie.email@example.com