£22000 - £25000 per annum + Pro rata
about 1 month ago
Wade Macdonald are working exclusively with an exciting and niche business who are experiencing rapid growth - with customers across the globe and a fantastic product range.
We are seeking an experienced part-time Accounts Assistant to work 25 hours a week. Ideally 5 days per week with some flex.
This exciting new job based within the outskirts of Reading (East) would suit a candidate who is able to work in a team of two within an accountancy and Finance function and has all-round experience in working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
This role brings massive amounts of variety to the working day/week and could enable candidates to pick up new key skills in Financial Accounting and reporting within an entrepreneurial business.
- Purchase ledger & Sales Ledger management
- Raising and issuing sales invoices and credit notes
- Cash-flow management, forecasting and reporting
- Periodic VAT Return preparation and submission with HMRC liaison
- Overseeing the preparation of annual accounts for UK and US entities
- Preparation of outsourced payroll and pensions
- Monthly balance sheet and control account reconciliations
- Preparation and posting of monthly prepayments and accruals journals
- Monthly Management accounts pack preparation including stock analysis and commentary
- Statutory return preparation and filing
What you'll need to be successful
Seeking a part time role in a small company - you will ideally have a minimum of 4 years finance experience, possess strong communication skills and a strong customer service ethic. You must have experience in using XERO Accounting packages with good excel ability.
The hours are 10am-3pm Monday to Friday.
What you'll receive in return
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a friendly working environment and supportive team, the chance to work with some dynamic clients and a competitive benefits package including 25 days holiday.
This is a role which is likely to be based in-office from May 2021. Interviews will be completed via video-conference and on-boarding will be done remotely.
How to proceed
If you are interested please apply to this advertisement or contact James Adey on 07587 323 938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.