£499 - £500 per day
12 days ago
Big Data Engineer - Central London, circa £500 per day
Aa Big Data Engineer you will be working for in central London where you will be working on a Big Data project to collect, store, process, and analyse datasets.
- Your day-to-day activities would be:
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Defining and implementing data retention policies
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Be qualified to degree of equivalent in Computer Science or a similar subject
- Strong experience with Big Data tools ideally: Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with the Following languages: Scala, Java, PySpark
- Experience of Data Streaming Tools and Amazon Kinesis, and noSQL databases, such as Cassandra
- and MongoDB
- Experience with Hortonworks HDP, Amazon EMR
- Experience in building or integrating Monitoring Tools (Kibana, LogStash, Grafana, and Prometheus)
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon AWS platform
As the successful candidate, you will receive a salary of £500 per day , funky office environment, free bar, and catering facilities.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.