Group Management Accountant - Oxford - £55,000 - Hybrid working
Wade Macdonald are delighted to be working with one of Oxfordshire's most prestigious organisations in supporting them with their search for a talented Group Management Accountant.
The role will report to the Head of Accounting and will support in relation to accounting and reporting to multiple business units. This will also include the production of financial and management information, and statutory Accounts.
- To provide full financial and management accounting support and information for a number of the subsidiary companies and joint ventures.
- To ensure that the subsidiary companies for which they are directly responsible are in full compliance with the Organisation's Financial Regulations, company law, audit and all other statutory requirements.
- To prepare the companies’ year-end accounts, VAT returns, corporation tax computations and other returns required to fulfil all the above requirements.
- To ensure the financial activities of the companies are correctly consolidated within the main accounts ensuring all intercompany transactions and balances are reconciled.
- To take the finance lead in forward financial and tax planning and the setting of budgets for those companies that the accountant has responsibility for, and to provide advice to company staff and other managers responsible for budgetary control on the financial implications of pursuing particular courses of action.
- To assist with the set-up, when required, of accounting infrastructure and related processes for new subsidiary companies and, subject to capacity constraints, take on the responsibility for accounting and reporting requirements for those new subsidiaries, as they become operational.
- To provide training to non-finance staff and management as required to enable them to understand the company’s finances.
- To monitor in-year performance of the companies against agreed budgets and explain any significant variances to plan, recommending corrective action as appropriate.
- To develop financial reports for use by senior staff within the companies, including short and medium-term forecasts, and to ensure relevant information is available on a timely basis for reporting purposes.
- To attend and report at Company Board and Management meetings, as required.
- To act as supervisor to other team members for specific subsidiaries arranging any support or training that may be appropriate
- To support the rest of the subsidiary companies’ team, assisting in the training and development of colleagues and develop a working knowledge of all the subsidiary companies sufficient to provide financial cover when other staff within the team are absent
- A solid understanding of the financial processes and controls you would expect to operate in small and medium sized entities
- To contribute to the maintenance of appropriate financial processes and controls for the subsidiary companies, by identifying any areas which require strengthening and working to implement any agreed changes
- To contribute to the development of financial systems generally within the Finance Division and ensure these pay due regard to subsidiary companies’ accounting requirements.
If this role could be of interest, please click the link to apply or email email@example.com