£40000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
Wade Macdonald are currently recruiting a Financial Analyst, for a US listed, $2Bn turnover IT / Hi-tech Business. The role will be based at the EMEA HQ in Basingstoke. Our client is a fast-paced, service-oriented organisation which values a no-surprise approach and in which trust and confidence are vital. We are looking for people who really care about what they do, who are prepared to identify where something needs to be done and have the stamina and determination to successfully deliver.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager the Commercial Finance Analyst main responsibilities will be:
- As part of team in Basingstoke, responsible for the accounting of supplier rebate income:
- Ensuring terms are recorded in an accurate, timely and consistent manner.
- Producing and maintaining models to regularly track rebate earnings.
- Engage with the business to maximise rebate earnings.
- Implement commercial accruals process to ensure costs are accounted for correctly.
- Analysis of commercial expenditure against budget and prior year.
- Ahead of expected SAP implementation support the migration of rebate terms onto the new system.
- Support the Head of Commercial Finance in analysis and understanding of stock and aged stock balances and risks.
- Support production of annual budget, 3 year plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Communicate complex financial information to non-financial members of the business.
- Ad-hoc analysis and project work as required.
The successful candidate must be instinctively comfortable in this type of environment and will have or be able to demonstrate:
- Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant.
- Excellent Excel and data handling skills.
- Familiarity with creating and maintaining financial models in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Track record in financial analysis and interpretation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience in a FMCG or distribution environment is desirable.
- Familiarity with Oracle, Qlikview and SAP are all desirable.
Basingstoke - £40,000-£45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.