£28000 - £45000 per annum
10 months ago
Audit Senior Berkshire, £34,000 - £45,000
Audit Senior required for this growing firm of Chartered Accountants. This is a client facing role so you will be based in the office but also be required to attend Audits at clients premises.
In addition to working on challenging high-profile clients, you will also gain exposure to pre-audit accounts preparation, accounts finalisation and ad hoc project work.
As the business continues to grow, they are able to consider applications from people who have either an Audit Senior or a Supervisor background. You may be a part qualified individual seeking a new role with a strong study support package or a recently qualified ACA or ACCA seeking to develop and continue to continue working with a diverse portfolio of clients.
As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for the audits of client accounts, and the preparation of the client's accounts. The split between audits and accounts is anticipated to be around 60/40.
Ideally, you will be an ACA or ACCA finalist, or qualified, and have previous experience within a similar role. You will also have excellent communication skills with a self-motivated attitude.
Key Responsibilities of an Audit Senior:
- The audit of client accounts from books and records that have been provided
- Preparation of client accounts including audit and non-audit clients
- Preparation of tax computations for both income tax and corporation tax based on accounts prepared
- Reconciliation of VAT and PAYE accounts and advising the manager or client directly of any adjustments needed concerning under payment or over payments to the Tax Authorities
- Supervising the audit process on site, supporting and developing more junior members
Essential Skills and Experience for this Audit Senior role:
- Previous experience in an audit role, qualified or finalist level ACA or ACCA
- Well-rounded knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please note that candidates without practice experience will not be considered for this role.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.