Accounts Supervisor - Abingdon - £50,000 - Hybrid Working
Wade Macdonald are delighted to be supporting this market leading Company based in Abingdon with their search for a talented Accounts Supervisor.
The Accounts Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day aspects of the Sales and Purchase ledger function and promoting a first-class attitude to customer service and for the Accounts team in EMEA.
The role will involve making decisions to resolve Sales and Purchase ledger queries and working with other departments to allow orders to be released for processing. The ideal candidate will take responsibility for key month end tasks, deputising for the Accounts Manager, managing a small number of employees within the accounts receivable team. Also ensuring the company is able to report group results within agreed timescales.
- Leading the accounts receivable team, who are based across the UK and Europe to ensure all work is adequately allocated across that team and that it is completed on time and accurately
- Line management responsibilities for the accounts receivable team, this will mean completing all people management tasks in line with Company policies and procedures
- Prepare month end Sales, bank and Purchase Ledger reconciliations
- Review and approve supplier payments and customer refunds in the bank.
- Ensure all transactions are accurately entered into the accounting systems in line with month end deadlines
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
- Review and approve new accounts using the established checking methods
- Review and approve Salesforce cases related to enquiries or complaints from customers
- Support and drive credit control
- Work collaboratively with global teams including: Accounting, Finance, HR, Customer Service, Local management
- Assist with relevant audits
- Provide cover within department when other team members are on leave
- Deputise in Accounts Manager’s absence to cover the whole Accounts department. This would include line management tasks, escalated cases from the accounts payable team, payment approvals
What experience is required?
Extensive people management experience within a Transactional Finance environment.
If this role could be of interest, please click the link to apply or email your CV to email@example.com