callum-carlisle, accountancy-and-finance, Accountancy & Finance...
Callum is the eigth to feature in our blog series 'fresh faces'. Callum is working alongside Business Managers Chris Silk and Miles Gallagher in the Senior Finance division.
Why did you join?
For a number of reasons really.
- The growth opportunities, team and leadership.
- The tenure of relationships already existing in the business and the hopes to add more client and candidates to Wade Macdonald’s portfolio.
- Being able to learn off consultants who have been in the markets over 15 years.
- The promise of management at some stage in my career.
- The location; close to home and centralised.
The team I met with when interviewing were friendly and positive too. Everyone and everything just works – it clicks.
What were your expectations before you started? How have they changed now?
I have worked for a couple of agencies and they are all similar so I didn’t expect anything, I was very open minded to the culture, processes and people.
Now, I hope to continue to develop through training and support from my colleagues and managers, grow my self-revenue and hope to come up with new ideas to help the team. The business is hiring more people and I hope to aid those through their career to become seniors as I have done.
How would you describe the relationships between all the staff members?
On paper, it shouldn’t work, but it does. There are so many different characters in the office and everyone just gets on. We are collaborative.
What’s your favourite things about Wade Macdonald?
- The flexibility allowing work-life-balance for us all.
- The chance to work with different clients and candidates, and the flexibility there also to go out, meet them, and offer a tailored service.
- The support from team members and development opportunities.
What advice would you give to individuals who want to get into recruitment?
3 bits of advice;
- Find a sector you have genuine interest in and try to specialise.
- Be a doer. It will be a lot of outbound initially but the relationships come through. It’s a knock on effect.
- Everyone finds a job so try to give the best service possible and be the person that is remembered for your support and dedication.
Who makes the best cup of tea/coffee?
I don’t really drink hot drinks to be honest BUT Cat brings the best snacks if that counts?